News > 80-year-old man dies after electric scooter battery explodes
80-year-old man dies after electric scooter battery explodes
21/04/2022 01:35 PM | Click to read full article
An 80-year-old man died and four others in his family sustained burn injuries after the battery of an electric scooter exploded while being charged at their home in Telangana’s Nizamabad district Wednesday, said the police.
A case was registered under the Indian Penal Code (IPC) against a Hyderabad-based startup that had manufactured the scooter and the dealer.