News > Income freeze leaves gym instructors anxious, confused
Income freeze leaves gym instructors anxious, confused
ESPN | 01/06/2020 05:58 PM | Click to read full article
Gyms were one of the first to slam shut due to the lockdown. Gym instructors earn based on their experience: a newcomer will earn on average Rs 15,000 a month as his gym salary and between Rs 8000-10,000 per client for personal training. Of that personal training fee, 60 percent goes to the gym and the remaining 40 percent to the trainer. The sudden freeze in income has trainers anxious and confused.
"The common question is why should a gym be closed when we know it is good for health?"