News > Top destinations set to power India’s tourism industry back on track

Top destinations set to power India’s tourism industry back on track

DNA India | 27/09/2020 08:00 PM | Click to read full article

With October 2 long weekend on the horizon, a report reveals that travellers are opting for staycations across India`s beach destinations - with Goa topping the list, followed by the seaside resort town of Digha in West Bengal. Travellers are also opting for Jaipur, Pondicherry, Agra, Tirupati, among others.

45% of leisure travellers would prefer hill stations like Shimla, Mussoorie while the remaining 55% would prefer non-hill station destinations like Goa, Agra and Jaipur.

-